Books

I love reading, in fact it is one of the reasons why I chose the career I'm studying. At the moment I have several books pending, because I have to dedicate time to the university, the thesis and the texts that I have to read for different subjects.

I like to read different types of books such as horror novels, poetry, Latin American stories or texts from the area of ​​social sciences. As I like different styles, it is a little complicated to choose a favorite writer, because there are many very good ones, for example I like the poetry of Alejandra Pizarnik and Gabriela Mistral, the novels of Marta Brunet, the stories of Horacio Quiroga or the Horror stories by Edgar Allan Poe.

I think it is important and interesting to read Latin American authors, because there are many very good ones and few times it is emphasized in the quality of the writers of the continent in which we live. For the same reason, this semester I took a course about Latin American literature in which the last book I read was "Fuerzas Especiales" by the writer -who also worked as an artist- from Chile, Diamela Eltit, a novel that is set in a town where violence and the brands of this are the tonic of day to day. It is a very fast novel that manages to keep readers interested. I recommend it completely.




Comentarios

  1. I love Alejandra Pizarnik! Do you know Teresa Wilms Montt?

    ResponderBorrar
  2. I remember that I read Edgar Allan Poe in the school o:

    ResponderBorrar
  3. I think is important read latin american authors too!

    ResponderBorrar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares